The IETF's problems

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Sun Jul 20 13:24:27 CEST 2003

> How stubborn can one person be?
>
> 1. The law says operators must be capable of X.

yes, how stubborn can one person be?

just because a government passes a law doesn't mean IETF should expend its
energy to try to help them.  there are lots of corrupt governments, and lots
of bad laws, neither of which are deserving of IETF support.  nor is there
anything IETF can do to limit the harm that will be done.

the most we should do is to say "nothing has changed since we issued RFC 1984"

now, can we please get back to the topic of this list?