Straw process outline for dealing with structural and practic

Scott Bradner sob at harvard.edu
Fri Jul 18 12:18:53 CEST 2003

I think this proposal combines many of the suggestions from Harald's
slide that did not get consensus - I do not think it is a good idea
to do anything so formal at this time

lets solicit ideas (as IDs) over the next 60 (or 30) days then discuss
them for a fixed time (e.g. 30 days) and see where we are at that point

I fully expect that a consensus would have been reached on some
of the problem solutions - we could then focus on the others

I was one who answered Harald's 'do we have to do something in 3 years'
question with a 'yes' but I see no reason to try and reform a 17 year old
organization in a few months - unseemly haste at best - lets take the time
to do it correctly (that does not mean we should do nothing for the next
year)

Scott