Fixed font v multiple fonts

Hallam-Baker, Phillip pbaker at verisign.com
Thu Jul 10 07:18:32 CEST 2003

> I totally agree with Keith here, this is not a subject for this WG.

Apparently on the grounds that you don't think it is a problem.

The PROBLEM I see with the IETF is that the top down management insists on
having its way on every damn last thing. Including this issue.

If the IETF establishment won't even budge on this one then there is zero
value to the rest of PROBLEM.

> Regarding the RFC document format, the RFC ASCII format is in
> my opinion outstanding, compared to the complicated
> formatting rules used by other organizations where you waste
> lots of time just on getting the document format right.

I have never spent half as much time getting a document format right as I
have for the IETF. Even the W3C rules for HTML are not as much hassle.

Again, the issue is who gets to decide.