Fixed font v multiple fonts

Joel M. Halpern joel at stevecrocker.com
Tue Jul 8 10:54:44 CEST 2003

Phrased differently, it is quite clear that our decision process and not
clear enough or strong enough.  Many working group chairs find it difficult
to deal with repeated raising of the same issue.  The IETF list and plenary
find it extremely difficult to avoid rediscussing the same topics.

One part of this is that it is actually difficult for someone new to know
what many of the decisions of a working group have been.  Some of the
problem tracking tools we are starting to use should help that.

Additionally, there seems to be a tendency historically for vociferous
individuals (and we have plenty of those) to keep pushing even when many
folks think that an issue is settled.  Sometimes this has even turned out
to be a good thing.  WHich of course makes it that much harder to craft
rules preventing it...

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern