Fixed font v multiple fonts

Hallam-Baker, Phillip pbaker at verisign.com
Tue Jul 8 07:34:14 CEST 2003

> Is it useful for "everyman" to participate in the IETF?

If the current rate of people leaving continues pretty soon you are going to
be saying yes.

> Killing bad ideas is difficult enough already.. ;-)

If there was a working decision procedure it would not be necessary for
every bad idea to continue on forever.

> Is there a problem with RFC3285 (and possibly revised templates)?

Well it does not work on the MAC for starters as there is no generic print
driver and going from the RFC format to Doc format is entirely manual.

Is there any problem with RFC 2854, a format for which there is no shortage
of editors of every type?

The issue isn't the file format, the issue is who gets to choose. In the
IETF it is a directive that comes from on high, you are going to do things
our way, you get no choice, our way is best, the fact that you even suggest
any other way makes you sound like a crank.

		Phill