ADs who are also WG chairs

James Seng jseng at pobox.org.sg
Sat Jul 5 01:00:38 CEST 2003

While this is off-topic, one should note that

1. OASIS is a paid-membership group. Some would considered that the fact
it is paid-membership makes is exclusive (altho not exactly closed).

2. IETF dont have "members", or at least similar to OASIS. Participating
in IETF are usually free (excluding cost of attending IETF meetings) so
any formal voting process, web-based or otherwise, arent likely going to
work. (If in doubt, look at GA at ICANN).

3. OASIS is a coporate-centric organization whereas IETF is an
individual-centeric organization. (This is not to say individual cant
participate in OASIS or coporate cant participate in IETF...)

Are we prepared to make this big switch making IETF an industry consortium?

-James Seng