ADs who are also WG chairs

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Fri Jul 4 18:53:49 CEST 2003

What's to stop Big Bad Company stuffing an Oasis WG with ringers?

What's to stop a commercial grouping pushing something through
an Oasis WG that is good for them and harmful to the Internet?

How can Roberts' Rules be applied on a mailing list?

(I'm not trying to make debating points - I really am concerned
that these are serious weaknesses in the model you describe. And I
spent two years chairing a Board that supposedly followed Roberts'
Rules and used email extensively, and I can't answer the third
question.)

   Brian