Solicitation for agenda items

John C Klensin john-ietf at jck.com
Thu Jan 30 16:43:22 CET 2003

--On Thursday, 30 January, 2003 10:23 -0500 Melinda Shore
<mshore at cisco.com> wrote:

> We're starting to put together the agenda for the March
> meeting and are soliciting agenda items.  If you have a
> topic you feel needs to be addressed, or would like an
> agenda slot yourself, please let us know.

Melinda,

Given an ongoing discussion on the IETF list that has provided a
working example of concerns expressed in Atlanta and on the
list, I'd like to make sure the general topic of how far the
IESG can go in expanding authority given it in 2026 --at least
without getting clear community consensus for the expansion--
makes it onto the agenda.

Stated as a problem: "It is believed by some people in the
community that the IESG (or various ADs) are abusing their
authority by taking actions not permitted by the procedures
documents, holding things up for which they have no authority to
do so, etc.  Some feel that the IESG acts as if they are free to
do anything not explicitly prohibited.  Not having these issues
clarified has, several times, spawned misunderstandings and
sometimes other problems."

 regards,
     john