Complex Problems

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Fri Jan 10 14:53:56 CET 2003

The data I have are that for draft-iab-arch-changes-00.txt
(February 2002) we got about 4 messages from non-IAB members,
before we let the draft drop. For draft-iab-principles-XX.txt in 1996,
which became RFC 1958, we got about 15 comments from non-IAB members.
(In both cases there were also open discussions at IETF meetings, so
this is not the complete story.)

I agree that other related work was done recently, and we did get
lively comment on the transparency and middlebox drafts (RFC 2775
and RFC 3234) for example. So maybe my original statement was a
bit pessimistic.

   Brian