IETF Problem WG Charter Discussion

Melinda Shore mshore at cisco.com
Wed Jan 8 08:39:24 CET 2003

> I thought that we are working on the definting the problem, not
> the process recomendation.

We're working on both, but coming up with a *solution* to
the problem is out-of-scope for this working group.  We need
to be thoughtful about creating a process for solving the
problem that is clearly documented, generally agreed-to, and,
of course, provides more than just a hope of a timely
solution.

Note that the charter does include the text "It is not a
part of this group's charter to propose solutions to the
problems."

Thanks,

Melinda