Minor comments on draft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt

Spencer Dawkins sdawkins at cynetanetworks.com
Fri Feb 28 12:39:17 CET 2003

My recollection from the OUTSIDE was that (other) groups weren't
willing to incorporate IETF protocols by reference until we started
telling people we were an SDO, too - they cycled a couple of times
including IETF spec text, and trying to keep it synced with IETF
versions as they moved forward ("moved around"), but this was horrid.

Wasn't the MILSPEC version of TCP an example of this kind of thing?
("Who would ever send out an RFQ for something that conformed to a
REQUEST FOR COMMENTS?")

So I think external marketing started about the same time as Ran remembers.

Spencer