Section 2.4 of draft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Fri Feb 28 12:57:33 CET 2003

Hi Brian,

>We aren't really so far apart. My problem with the current
>text is that it looks a little like finger-pointing, which
>the document explicitly aims to avoid. It has a flavour of
>saying that the power is concentrated because the power holders
>are bad people.

This was absolutely not our intent.

It was hard for us to figure out how to state this problem
without implying particular solutions (delegation,
reorganization, selection process reform, etc.), all of
which will be on the table for discussion in the "process"
document, but none of which should be dictated by the
"problem" document.

>I don't think that's intended, but it's how
>it came across to me. Which is why I'd like the text tuned;
>it doesn't have to be tuned exactly as I suggested.

The text clearly does need to be tuned or re-worked, since it
gave you the impression that you mentioned above.  I thought
some of your re-wording was very good, and I'm sure that
Elwyn will consider it for the next revision (post-SF).

Margaret