Section 2.4 of draft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Fri Feb 28 16:26:55 CET 2003

Ran,

We aren't really so far apart. My problem with the current
text is that it looks a little like finger-pointing, which
the document explicitly aims to avoid. It has a flavour of
saying that the power is concentrated because the power holders
are bad people. I don't think that's intended, but it's how
it came across to me. Which is why I'd like the text tuned;
it doesn't have to be tuned exactly as I suggested.

> Delegation by IESG is one possible fix.
> Redistributing responsibility is another possible fix.

You're seeing a semantic difference that I didn't intend
by using the word "delegate". We probably agree about
the solution space, but that's out of scope right now.

  Brian