Last Call: 'IETF Problem Statement' to Informational RFC

john.loughney at nokia.com john.loughney at nokia.com
Fri Dec 12 14:18:20 CET 2003

Hi all,

> final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
> iesg at ietf.org or ietf at ietf.org mailing lists by 2003-12-23.

Some small comments:

1) Section 1:

> Discussions over the last year or more have shown that a significant

May want to provide a year, for historical purposed.

2) Sections 1.4 through 1.7 should be dropped when the document is
published, I don't think we need to carry the document history.

3) I think a disclaimer should be added to the document.  I am not
exactly sure of what kind, but the document's tone is too authoratative.
Reading now, the document reads as if there was strong agreement from
all quarters of the IETF.  I don't think the Problem WG has strong
agreement on all aspects of the document, so perhaps some disclaimer
needs to be added, so that when people read this who were not involved
in the discussions do not get the wrong opinion.

John