Danger to the Net? (Re: My thoughts about the problems of the IETF)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Apr 21 09:05:01 CEST 2003

Harald,

HTA> at the risk of sounding a call for flamage....
HTA> I am beginning to be as tired of hearing about unnamed ADs wielding unnamed
HTA> threats to unnamed document authors over unnamed technical issues for
HTA> unnamed political reasons as you must be of feeling the pushback.

And therein lies a major problem in the IETF right now.

There is no "risk" of flamage.  It is a certainty.

Open frank discussion of particulars about an AD is never productive
in the IETF.

So you are probably not alone in being tired of this mode of
communication.

However it is probably more important to be concerned that that we
have an environment that necessitate that mode.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker at brandenburg.com>