Individually-submitted proposed RFCs (was: Re: what is a problem)

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald@alvestrand.no
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:55:36 +0100

--On tirsdag, november 26, 2002 08:35:31 -0500 John C Klensin
<john-ietf@jck.com> wrote:

> I would also note that having to drag the entire IETF into these
> issues is fairly inefficient.  Also, if the RFC Editor merely
> misunderstood, e.g., an offhand comment as representing a firm
> IESG position, it should have been possible to get that
> straightened out months ago.  I've tried to get people to put a
> clarification of the intent in this area (whatever it is) on the
> agenda of two consecutive "RFC Editor lunch" meetings, with no
> evidence of any success in doing so.  I guess the lunches have
> just gotten too fine for serious discussions :-(

in fact the IESG considered making a clarifying query about the time
required to do RFC Editor review some weeks ago.
the day before discussing it, we found that there were no documents that
had been in ISR state at the RFC Editor for more than a few days any more,
so the problem seemed to be moot.

                      Harald