Individually-submitted proposed RFCs (was: Re: what is a prob lem)

Randy Bush randy@psg.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:43:13 -0800

>> As Patrik also explained... I think the timeout mechnism often
>> does not work very well. I have seen quite a few docs that stay
>> in "IESG-review" for more than 4 weeks.
>
> Is there any realistic hope of getting a 4-week timer built into the
> I-D tracker to help ensure that documents do NOT stay in IESG-review
> for more than 4 weeks ??
>
>  From the note above and from Patrik's notes, it sounds like several
> timers might need to be built into the I-D tracker system.  This
> one seems to be a higher priority need than some.

and when you do it, remember to build in the resource allocation issues
involved in
  o wg documents should have priority
  o iab documents should have priority (btw, why?)
  o etc etc

but having a 'tickler' mechanism in the tracker is a good idea.  again,
it's a matter of priority.  the idea of the tracker is to automate the
entire process as much as possible, and this is one small piece of a
long list.

randy