IESG transparency

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald@alvestrand.no
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:56:13 +0100

--On mandag, november 11, 2002 17:29:51 -0500 RJ Atkinson
<rja@extremenetworks.com> wrote:

> On Monday, Nov 11, 2002, at 06:18 America/Montreal, Harald Tveit
> Alvestrand wrote:
>> good point.
>> one which was also raised in Yokohama.
>>
>> question: should the IETF have a charter?
>
> Would not hurt, but not a pressing issue.
> IESG Charter is clearly a pressing issue.
>
> I'd suggest focusing on priorities first. :-)

the reason I asked is that *somewhere*, there has to be stated an
overarching purpose for the organization, which is the driver for the
actual content of the IESG charter.

If we put that into the IESG charter, we have to change it if we change
substantially the way the IESG works.

If it is on the outside, it may be more stable.

               Harald