Issues that need addressing

john.loughney@nokia.com john.loughney@nokia.com
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:15:02 +0200

Hi Harald,

> third very clear topic....
>=20
> what should the IETF be doing?
> ie what work to take on, what work to turn away, who decides that...

I am not unhappy with the current state of affairs.  I think that the
chartering process seems to be working, but I would suggest that we do=20
some fate sharing between the IESG member accepting a new WG and
the WG itself.  What I mean is that if someone does support a new
WG, they need to be sure to engage in the WG process, at key points.
I'm thinking of something along the lines of mentoring, etc.  This
will ensure that the WG gets off to a good start and stays on track.

br,
John