"The work stops" (RE: IETF problem pinpointing)

john.loughney@nokia.com john.loughney@nokia.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:01:12 +0200

Hi Harald,

> you use the term "the work stops".
> I've seen the same in other contexts - people claim that they stop =
working=20
> waiting for a BOF approval, a charter approval, a document approval or =

> something else.
>=20
> why do people think that they have to stop and stand at attention =
while the=20
> people charged with process management scratch their heads?

Because there is not enough insight into the process for folks to
understand what is happening.  I.e. - it is the transparancy issue
again.  I think a simple note saying that 'Document x has been
received, the IESG is discussing it and will report back the
results of the discussion.' This might be useful.  Additionally,
if such a document is due to be discussed at an IESG call, perhaps
that could be mentioned.  Also, as mentioned elsewhere, an automated
response from the Draft Tracker would be good as well.

br,
John