IETF problem pinpointing - the followup

Aaron Falk falk@isi.edu
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:05:06 -0800

john.loughney@nokia.com wrote:

> > - What are the issues we want raised during the problem-session?
>
> Transparency ...
>
> Accountability...
>
> Community support...
>
> Education & training...

John-

I like most of your suggestions (which I have elided) but I think the
objective is to talk about the problems/issues before presenting
solutions.  Only "Transparency" seems to be an issue, the others are
fixes.  If we describe the fixes without agreeing on the problems, we
won't get to a consensus on the 'right' fixes (and we may be overrun
with possibly misguided 'helpful' suggestions).

But, as I said, I think your proposals are a good.  In fact, perhaps
we should add them to an additional item on the presentation so that
we have a discussion on the issues/problems followed by some candidate
solutions heard on the wg-chairs list.

--aaron