IETF problem pinpointing - the followup

Aaron Falk falk@isi.edu
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 07:04:22 -0800

> - Do you think this plan sounds sensible?

yep.

> - What are the issues we want raised during the problem-session?

(incomplete and in no particular order)

* IESG process transparency
* Working group (e.g., mailing list) management or lack of it
* Does is the standards development process take too long?
* Who's (or should be) doing the reviews? (and when?)
* Where's the code?
* Why do we have so many working groups? ( & why isn't my pet issue
  approved as a working group?)

> - Who should present them?

hmm.  We don't want this to look to adversarial w.r.t. the IESG.
Having you, as chair, present it would show a certain level of
recognition by the IESG of the issues (& I think some folks don't
think the IESG _does_ recognize the issues.)  But, actually, I don't
really care.  It's the content that counts.  Esp, if you are sticking
with your idea of a panel with wg chairs for discussion and
elaboration afterward.

--aaron