A question about the role of the IESG

Spencer Dawkins sdawkins@cynetanetworks.com
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 13:51:17 -0600

Hi, Jonne,

One other point on your question - if I understand current directions, =
we're trying to become LESS hierarchic as an SDO, and there are PLENTY =
of extremely influential participants who aren't IESG members, working =
group chairs, or even document editors. So there may be others more =
EXPERIENCED in the IETF, but the concept of "more senior" doesn't parse =
really well in this context.

It IS fair to direct questions about the IESG to those with recent =
experience with IESG operations, but that's a different point.

Spencer