Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking

Aaron Falk falk@ISI.EDU
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 20:52:26 -0800

--On Tuesday, December 10, 2002 8:14 PM +0100 Erik Guttman
<erik.guttman@sun.com> wrote:

> Now, I believe that if the IESG is not keeping up, we (the rank and
> file) should expect them to throttle back the IETF, delegate, etc.

Not to single out you, Erik, but I'm finding this thread increasingly
uninformed.  Can some folks from the IESG come forward and give us some
more information about where you are spending your time and what you see
are the problems in the IETF and IESG?  It seems to me that there has been
a lot of conjecture on why things take a long time to get through the IESG
from people who have, at best, secondhand knowledge.

I wrote the above before reading the anecdotal wg case studies posted by
Randy.  I believe it would be helpful to see a few more of these from other
iesg members.

--aaron