Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking

Dave Crocker dhc@dcrocker.net
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 12:05:20 -0800

Aaron,

Aaron> I think you are suggesting that we take smaller bites,

yes.

Aaron>  particularly for
Aaron> complex problems.  It is my understanding that we are already doing that.

frequently not.  when it takes a year or two to write a requirements
document, or when it takes multiple years to turn out anything even slightly
useful, then we simply are not making the first round of problem solving
sufficiently tractable.

The IETF is much, much better at a sequence of short turns of the
development crank -- with each turn producing something that is useful by
itself -- than we are at doing large, "integrated" solutions.

d/
--
 Dave <mailto:dhc@dcrocker.net>
 t +1.408.246.8253; f +1.408.850.1850