Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking

Bill Fenner fenner@research.att.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:03:22 -0800

>When last I polled (some 6 months ago, I think), the AD claimed that the
>bimodal set of milestones was a result of a botched charter update (new
>milestone schedules were sent in, new milestones got added, but old
>milestones were not updated), and that a new update would be "forthcoming".

At that point, I believe the working group chair had been missing for
a couple of months.  (Yes, missing, like absent from the mailing list,
not replying to email or phone messages).

We have new working group chairs as of early October.  They spent much
of their time spinning up and getting ready for the Atlanta meeting;
at that meeting they discussed charter/milestone updates with the WG
and they submitted an updated set of milestones to us about a week
ago.  Alex had something that he wanted to double-check before letting
the milestones be final, but OSPF is very close to having new milestones
and leaving your list.

  Bill