Normative references (was: Re: Killing old/slow groups -transition thinking)

Brian E Carpenter brian@hursley.ibm.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:00:34 +0100

John,

In the RFC Ed queue I find 33 documents in the REF state, i.e.
stuck waiting for a normative reference. That's out of just over
60 documents which appear to be the standards/RFC track (that count
is a little hard to establish).

So, this is a fairly significant problem, although I can't deduce
its effect on queuing time from the data. And fairly clearly,
those 33 documents have all left the IESG.

   Brian