Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking

Pete Resnick presnick@qualcomm.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:03:13 -0600

On 12/10/02 at 7:04 AM -0800, Randy Bush wrote:

>>It was indicated, in Atlanta and elsewhere, that you do not have
>>the time to fully document your existing processes, because you
>>have too much other work to do.
>
>perhaps you would like to look at RFC 2026 et alia and
>draft-iesg-charter-00.txt.

None of those documents says anything about the IESG's "existing
processes". I have sent private mail to Harald about
draft-iesg-charter-00.txt, but to summarize:

- It says nothing about voting practices. Does the IESG follow a
rough consensus model, or does it do straight votes, or does each
newly constituted IESG decide what it wants to do? (I personally know
most of the answer, but it took a lot for me to figure it out.)

- It would be nice to know what "technical quality and clarity of the
specification is consistent with that expected for the maturity level
to which the specification is recommended" means to the IESG in more
detail than just that single line from 2026. And how are
non-standards track documents judged?

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick@qualcomm.com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102