Info/exptl RFCs [Re: Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking)

Scott Bradner sob@harvard.edu
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:31:18 -0500 (EST)

> Yes, I know.  But the last time I corresponded with them on the
> subject, they claimed that they had been told, by the IESG, to
> give these reviews much lower priority than reviews or
> processing of documents that originated through the IESG.

in general the instructions to the RFC Editor (through the IAB) have
been to prioritize IETF work over independent submissions for
quite a while

I think I saw a note in this thread that suggested that the RFC Editor
should not even be doing non-IETF work (and I am equating IETF working group
documents and standards track individual submissions (shich go through
IETF last-call) as "IETF")

I think that IETF work should have a higher priority but not
block non-ietf work

but if folks think that this is the wrong priority then teh IAB
should adjust the instructions to the RFC Editor

Scott