Info/exptl RFCs [Re: Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking)

John C Klensin john-ietf@jck.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:16:06 -0500

--On Tuesday, 10 December, 2002 11:47 -0500 Scott Bradner
<sob@harvard.edu> wrote:

>>  I also believe that the RFC Editor
>> should be stopping many off-the-wall documents and documents
>> that would be problems for the network  --as things they would
>> not publish anyway-- without the IESG getting involved.
>
> they are now doing this (see the last section of the RFC
> Editor  queue page

Yes, I know.  But the last time I corresponded with them on the
subject, they claimed that they had been told, by the IESG, to
give these reviews much lower priority than reviews or
processing of documents that originated through the IESG.

    john