Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking

Margaret Wasserman mrw@windriver.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:46:03 -0500

>I only got 2 hits (using quotations) ...  but seriously, is there real
>concern
>that INFORMATIONAL documents are generally misunderstood by the industry
>/ community outside of the IETF?  Are other SDOs confused by
>INFORMATIONAL docs?

I do think that other standards bodies (such as the 3GPP) include
normative references to our informational documents in their
standards...  I don't know whether or not this means thatthey
are confused, though.

I am less concerned about that than I am about people who treat
long-standing I-Ds as standards.  I often see checklists from
customers that include I-Ds in the required features list, and
some companies include I-Ds in the list of "standards" that their
products support.

Margaret