Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking

john.loughney@nokia.com john.loughney@nokia.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:37:37 +0200

Hi Harald,

> > Who do you think equates INFO with STANDARDs?  Internally to the
> > IETF or external to the IETF?  I have heard various IESG members
> > worry about this, but I have not heard anyone outside of the IETF
> > who thinks this way.
>=20
> just search google for "RFC 2547 standard" :-(
> ok, there's controversy of whether it SHOULD have been a=20
> standard. But it isn't.

I only got 2 hits (using quotations) ...  but seriously, is there real =
concern=20
that INFORMATIONAL documents are generally misunderstood by the industry
/ community outside of the IETF?  Are other SDOs confused by
INFORMATIONAL docs?

John