Longer or more meetings?

Spencer Dawkins sdawkins@cynetanetworks.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:46:21 -0600

Just to echo Raj - we seem to be over the worst of it, but I can =
remember attending working group meetings at several recent IETFs with =
15-20 presentations in 120/150 minutes, where it seemed like every =
presentation ended with a slide that recommended that the draft be =
adopted as a working group deliverable, and we never had time for =
discussion - and sometimes, not even time for questions - because we =
only had 5-10 minutes for each topic, including presentation time.=20

If we're confirming tentative decisions on the mailing list, fine; if =
we're punting decisions that we couldn't make after face-to-face =
discussions, also fine, but to punt discussion to the mailing list =
because we have to get on to the next topic was just silly.

I'm glad none of _us_ were guilty...

So, if we extend the slot length, let's make sure we don't spend the =
extra time doing more of the same!

Spencer