A draft of an IESG charter

Jari Arkko jari.arkko@piuha.net
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 16:02:12 +0200

Looks pretty good. I do have a question / comment, however.
In Section 6.3 it says that the IAB handles external relationships.
I'm kind of suprised by this. I would have though the IAB needs
to work on architecture, and that many of the external relationships
e.g. with other standards bodies are more day-to-day operations
that rest better on the IESG? Or is the intention that the IESG
is overloaded and wants to offload this task to someone else.
Perhaps there should be a third, small, group for this purpose.

(What are the "external relationships" in practise? Perhaps I have
misunderstood and there's a bunch of architectural discussions going
on between the IAB and other bodies.)

Jari