Draft of a job posting for process leadership

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:02:15 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
> Among the criteria that we think are important for the person we need for
> this task are:
>
> - Knowledge of the IETF community
> - Independent of any particular IETF group
> - Ability to listen to input from the community
> - Capable of clear statement of thinking
> - Capable of guiding a group towards consensus
> - Understanding organization management principles
> - Understanding organizational dynamics and organizational growth
> - Not a present member of IESG or IAB

As a general comment, I think it would perhaps be very advantageous if the
person had served in IESG during the last N "hectic years" -- to have some
personal insight into the problems.  Of course, this should not be a
requirement as such.

I'm not sure whether (or how) it should be included.

> - Not a candidate for IESG or IAB on this nomcom cycle (2002-2003)

But if the person has already volunteered, would withdrawing from
candidacy be possible?  (Or withdrawing if elected, or withdrawing if
selected for "problem" chair.)