Selecting leadership, take 2

Aaron Falk falk@isi.edu
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 18:18:47 -0800

Dave-

I agree with your analysis.  We're getting bound up in process.
However, I think it is premature to go straight to considering the
solutions in draft-huston-pact.  Getting a document that reflects what
we think the problems are is a valuable first step before moving on to
solutions.  And, while the draft in question makes many good points
about the shortcomings of the current process, it is missing many
observations that were voiced on the podium and at the microphones in
Yokahama and Atlanta.  Perhaps we've surfaced most of the problems and
should just document what we've said so far, e.g., via a volunteer
compiling them into an ID. Then we could move quickly to a discussion
of solutions.

--aaron