Registration of media type application/ttaf+xml

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Fri Aug 27 08:22:18 CEST 2010

Indeed these 4-letter codes are now unused. But please note that Apple
was registering them before which was a guarantee for uniqueness
whereas, now, he only conflict-free zone would be the media-type. For
this reason, I think, te media type registration is usefully enriched
with clipboard names: it allows fully independent implementors to use
the same names.

The 4-letter code is, thus, just an extra information which is
centrally displayed so that conflicts can be avoided even if not in
use. An update of the RFC can be useful but does not sound in any way
urgent.

Paul