Registration of media type application/ttaf+xml

Philippe Le Hegaret plh at w3.org
Fri Aug 27 03:14:18 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 17:44 -0700, David Singer wrote:
> I would leave the Mac file type code blank, myself.  Or make it a text document (which it is).  We no longer register these, afaik, so...

Hi David,

as far as I know, RFC 4288 indicates:
[[
4.11.  Additional Information

   Various sorts of optional information SHOULD be included in the
   specification of a media type if it is available:
[...]
   o  File name extension(s) commonly used on one or more platforms to
      indicate that some file contains a given media type.

   o  Mac OS File Type code(s) (4 octets) used to label files containing
      a given media type.
]]
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4288.txt

So, I don't mind one way or another, but it seems to me RFC 4288 needs
to be updated if we're going to drop the usage.

Philippe