Registration of media type text/vcard

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Wed Aug 25 17:48:59 CEST 2010

The following might be a personal opinion:

What is the advantage of having a charset parameter?

When I see how this has caused issues with faulty transmissions (most
commonly servers claiming media type text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
without certainty that it is in the right charset), I would like to
discourage any charset parameter anywhere possible.

 From your registration the parameter brings no information (am I
right?). So why include it and not simply rely on the Byte-Order-Mark?

Paul