Registration of media type application/its+xml

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Wed Apr 21 12:59:46 CEST 2010

* Felix Sasaki wrote:
>MIME media type name:
>    application

The registration is based on an obsoleted template. Could you resubmit
it using the RFC 4288 template? (In particular, the field names have
changed, and some fields have been split into multiple fields).

>Applications which use this media type:
>    This new media type is being registered to allow for deployment of ITS
>1.0 on the World Wide Web.

This should give an idea what kinds of applications use the media type
(revision control software, word processing software, ...)

>Additional information:
>    File extension:
>        its
>    Fragment identifiers:
>        A syntax identical to that of "application/xml" as described in IETF
>RFC 3023.

RFC 3023 does not define fragment identifier syntax for application/xml.

>    Base URI:
>        As specified in IETF RFC 3023, section 6.

RFC 3023 does not actually say something relevant here, for example, it
is unclear whether xml:base is considered for application/its+xml.

I do note that it is not actually clear to me what documents would be
labeled with this type, for instance, what would be the root element of
such documents?