Request for review of media sub-type registration request

Tim Moses tim.moses at entrust.com
Mon Jul 14 21:54:17 CEST 2008

Bjoern - Thanks for your suggestions.  I will incorporate them into the next version.

In answer to your question regarding the file extension, the choice of '.xml' facilitates generic XML processing.  RFC3023 talks about this approach extensively.  In particular, an originator who does not have access to a special-purpose application can produce reports and check their schema-validity using only an XML authoring tool.  Likewise for a recipient.

In terms of 'magic numbers', I cannot find an example of a registration request that contains magic numbers for xml documents.  I would be happy to follow an example if you are able to direct me to one.

Thanks again.  All the best.  Tim.

Tim Moses
+1 613 270 3183