Request for review of media sub-type registration request

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Fri Jul 11 19:23:31 CEST 2008

* Tim Moses wrote:
>Colleagues - The attached draft contains a request for registration of a
>media sub-type and an XML namespace.  I would very much welcome your
>guidance on the completeness and correctness of the information it
>provides prior to formal submission of the draft and the registration
>request.

You incorrectly list 'charset' as required parameter, it should be
optional. I believe it is customary to specify the leading '.' in the
file name extension. Could you explain why you are using .xml instead
of some other extension, or none? I think it would be good to follow
the RFC 4288 template more closely, e.g., use "Magic number(s)" with
the trailing "(s)", write "limited use" in all-uppercase, etc. I don't
think the reference to RFC 3023 is useful in its current form, but I'd
have to check what other +xml type registrations do to recommend some-
thing better.