Review requested for MusicXML media type proposals

Mark Baker distobj at acm.org
Fri Jun 8 04:50:44 CEST 2007

Some comments ....

Where is the specification for MusicXML?  The template references a
DTD in the specification section, but it seems to be just a DTD, not a
spec.  I can't find any other spec for it on the site either.

The XML format will need its own file extension.  Reusing ".xml" is
unsuitable because it is commonly bound to the application/xml,
text/xml, or text/rss media types.  Consult http://filext.com to find
a suitable one.

Kudos on making MusicXML 1.x files valid 2.0 files.  It probably
warrants a mention in the interoperability section, because it means
that 1.x files can also use these media types (perhaps just the +xml
one).  It also makes me wonder what media types (and file extensions)
were used for 1.x, and if they are registered.

Mark.