Request for review of Turtle (an RDF serialization) media type: text/turtle

James Cloos cloos+iana-ietf-types at jhcloos.com
Thu Dec 20 14:57:55 CET 2007

>> Shouldn't the normative reference be to the UCS (ISO 10646) rather than
>> to Unicode?  The Universal Character Set is the international standard.

Felix> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-charmod-20050215/#sec-RefUnicode
Felix> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-charmod-20050215/#C062

Felix> "Since specifications in general need both a definition for their
Felix> characters and the semantics associated with these characters,
Felix> specifications SHOULD include a reference to the Unicode Standard,
Felix> whether or not they include a reference to ISO/IEC 10646."

I was coming from an IETF POV rather than a W3C POV, hense the feeling
that the ISO should be prefered over the industry org for normative