Seeking co-moderators(s) of the ietf-types list

Magnus Westerlund magnus.westerlund at ericsson.com
Mon Jan 24 17:14:56 CET 2005

Mark Baker wrote:
> Perhaps a naive question, but why is this list moderated?

So that we don't have to receive lots of spam. I assume that this list
is using the same rule as most other IETF related list. Subscriber has
direct posting, non-subscriber is moderated. That way the moderator can
ensure that only valid postings are let through to the list. Sure, it is
not 100% secure, but it is a hell of a lot better than have to wade
through the 10+ spam per day that anyway would reach the list despite
filtering.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: magnus.westerlund at ericsson.com