Comments on draft-freed-media-types-reg-01.txt

Ben Morrow ben at morrow.me.uk
Wed Oct 27 20:34:55 CEST 2004

At  4pm on 27/10/04 you (Colin Perkins) wrote:
> I'd also like to see a resolution of this, since we have new RTP
> payload formats under development that need MIME types to be assigned,
> and it's clear there are different understandings of the rules.

What would people think about standardising the suffix '+rtp' for RTP
media types that differ from their on-disk format? Then we could
unabiguously have two types video/foo and video/foo+rtp, with a clear
relationship between them.

FWIW, I would agree that having incompatible formats given the same type
but 'in different domains' is a very bad idea. Data has a nasty habit of
leaking between 'domains' :)

Ben

--
  The cosmos, at best, is like a rubbish heap scattered at random.
                                                         - Heraclitus
  ben at morrow.me.uk