Request for MIME media type Application/Vendor Tree - vnd.3gpp.sm s-tl

ned.freed at mrochek.com ned.freed at mrochek.com
Tue Jul 27 18:39:01 CEST 2004

A couple of points in addition to the ones Larry already made...

> [NOTE: this is the registration email as returned to me on the 14th of July
> from the IANA registration perl script]

> Name : Olivier Biot

> Email : olivier.biot at siemens.com

> MIME media type name : Application

> MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.3gpp.sms-tl

> Required parameters : none

> Optional parameters :
> none

> Encoding considerations : binary
> This media type may require encoding on transports not capable of handling
> binary.

> Security considerations :
> The Short Messaging Service Transfer Layer (SMS-TL) format may contain
> executable code and user confidential information.

There's also the issue of data integrity. Would someone tweaking this stuff
in transit be able to cause any problems? I assume the answer is "yes" since
executable code can be involved.

There's also the issue of what, if anything, is done to prevent
tampering or leakage. Is there a preferred mechanism for adding
integrity/confidentiality services on top of this media type? Or does
the type itself include facilities for this?

				Ned