Media Types in 3GPP Timed text draft (was: RE: [AVT] RTP and Media Types)

Magnus Westerlund magnus.westerlund at ericsson.com
Mon Aug 9 17:55:57 CEST 2004

Hi,

As the RTP payload format is developed in IETF, rather than 3GPP I think
the MIME type used to identify that RTP payload format belongs in the
IETF tree. Especially as the vendor tree implies that the 3GPP has
control over the registration and any updates, which I don't think is
appropriate for this payload format.

The question is if 3GPP timed text should be registered in video, text,
or both. My reasoning behind actually registering in both media types,
would if one had clear indications that both are appropriate for
different usages of the RTP payload format.

Cheers

Magnus

--

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: magnus.westerlund at ericsson.com