Media Types in 3GPP Timed text draft (was: RE: [AVT] RTP and Media Types)

Colin Perkins csp at csperkins.org
Mon Aug 9 17:38:50 CEST 2004

[Please keep the AVT list as a cc, so the authors of the draft get a
copy]

The aim here is to register the media type for use in RTP sessions,
which are negotiated using SIP. Registering it under "application" or
"vnd.3gpp" would complicate the signalling, and it would be preferable
from our point of view to register this under "text" or "video" (as has
been done with other RTP payload formats).

That said, I'm not sure how the vnd tree works, so there may be a good
reason to register it there, and then work out how to change SIP and/or
SDP to make use of it.

Colin

Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/