Internet draft for sbml+xml media type

Ben Kovitz bkovitz at caltech.edu
Tue Oct 14 23:17:18 CEST 2003

Regarding:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sbml-media-type-00.txt

Linus Walleij wrote:

> I am a little concerned about the long list of URI:s for
> applications in the end, with URI:s like:
>
> http://gnida.cs.vt.edu/~cellcyclepse/
> http://nsr.bioeng.washington.edu/DOC/JSIMDOC/JSim1.5_New_Features
>
> Will these URI:s still be valid in 20+ years, when SBML is
> still in use, or will they just be a huge bunch of invalid old
> junk that noone can use by then? It would be better if you put
> up a webresource pointer at the same place as the
> specification, so that it may be updated as useful.

D'ohhh!  I'd just gone and made sure we had a stable domain name
and set up all the URLs within that domain to be stable for a
very long time, and at the last minute tossed in all these
presumably non-persistent URLs to all the current SBML projects.
Thanks for catching this!

I've updated the Internet-Draft to list the projects and refer
to just http://sbml.org.  I've submitted
draft-sbml-media-type-01.txt but I don't think it's appeared on
the IETF server yet.

Thanks!

Ben Kovitz
Caltech